Although it currently represents a small percentage of global power generation, installations of solar photovoltaic (PV) power plants are growing rapidly for both utility-scale and distributed power generation applications.
Reductions in costs driven by technological advances, economies of scale in manufacturing, and innovations in financing have brought solar power within reach of grid parity in an increasing number of markets. Continued advancements and further cost reductions will expand these opportunities, including in developing countries where favourable solar conditions exist. Policy environments for renewable energy in the developing world are being refined, drawing on the lessons learned from the successes and failures of policies adopted in first-mover markets. We now see several regulatory models being successfully deployed in the developing world with consequent increase in investment and installations. Solar is proving to be viable in more places and for more applications than many industry experts predicted even a few years ago.
At the same time, this rapid market growth has been accompanied by an observed uneven expertise and know-how demonstrated by new market entrants. Building capacity and knowledge on the practical aspects of solar power project development, particularly for smaller developers, will help ensure that new PV projects are well-designed, well-executed, and built to last. - John Kellenberg IFC
So how can Solutronic Energy Cyprus [SEC] Ltd help you?
• With solar photovoltaic (PV) technology becoming an increasingly
important energy supply option, a substantial decline in the
cost of solar PV power plants (80% reduction since 2008)
has improved solar PV’s competitiveness, reducing the needs
for subsidies and enabling solar to compete with other power
generation options in some markets. While the majority of
operating solar projects is in developed economies, the drop in
prices coupled with unreliable grid power and the high cost of
diesel generators has driven fast-growing interest in solar PV
technology in emerging economies as well., hence our investment in Cyprus.
Combined German technological and installation expertise and Cypriot local and legislative knowledge, as well as leading market production of poly crystalline modules, enhancing access to power is a key priority for SEC Ltd.
Solarpower is an area where we have significant expertise. SEC has worked on more solar power projects globally than any other company in Cyprus, with key recent transactions in Norway, Austria, Germany, and most recently in Cyprus. We also partner with Europe's leading designers and developers in solar power technology and rely on leading Cypriot and Greek electrical engineers and installation companies.
Why choose Solutronic Energy Cyprus [SEC] Ltd?
• From idea to installation or design to development, SEC are your one stop shop ensuring a cohesive approach to Project Management, Production, Installation and Maintenance.
• SEC use our own Solutronic IFRIsol panels, Inverters, Batteries, GridManagers and other leading technological products in conjunction with the most efficient battery cells available in todays' market.
• We offer unparalleled insurance and warranty for those products as well as long term maintenance contracts and ongoing software support.
• We facilitate add-ons and expansion of plants with long term forecasts and rapid RoI [Return on Investment]
We proudly Partner with the leading companies in the current market
RES - Austria,
IFRISol - Tunisia,
Grunkraft - Greece,
Solar-Log - Germany
Sacred Sun - Japan
SAYTEC - Germany
How they work...
.PhotoVoltaic energy is generated from Solutronic's crystalline photovoltaic panels, as the sun is absorbed by tiny silicon solar cells. Each solar cell being connected into a network of many other solar cells creating the solar panel, and each solar farm containing hundreds of panels. This energy flows as DC current to the Solutronic SolPlus Inverter. The inverter converts the generated DC current to AC, enabling direct use by household appliances or commercial business appliances, therefore enabling Direct Supply as a Utilities Supplier, OR in the case of an industrial level solar plant, to an AC Service Panel, Utility Meter and finally to a Voltage Step Up which allows electricity to be fed into the national grid.
What makes Solutronic Energy Cyprus Ltd. different?
1. Optimum power plant design: A key project development challenge is to design a PV power plant that is optimally balanced in terms of cost and performance for a specific site. Solutronic Energy Cyprus Ltd have the experience, the expertise and the products to ensure a successful project completion.
2. Project implementation: Achieving project completion on time and within budget with a power plant that operates efficiently and reliably, and generates the expected energy and revenue is not only our goal, it is our mission. Key aspects of SEC project implementation include: permits and licensing, selection and contracting of the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) companies, powerplant construction, and operations and maintenance (O&M).
3. Commercial and financing aspects: PV regulatory frameworks and specific types of incentives/support mechanisms for the development of PV projects, such as preferential tariffs and other direct and indirectfinancial supports, have an important impact on the financial viability of the project, as they affect the revenue stream. SEC guides you under CERA's accomplished hand towards Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) that specify the terms under which the off-taker purchases the power produced by the PV plant
For every 5MW installed, a solar farm will power 1,515 homes for a year (based on an average annual consumption of 3,300 kWh of electricity for a house) and save 2,150 tonnes of CO2. Approximately 25 acres of land is required for every 5 megawatts (MW) of installation.